I have been wanting to do some do it yourself crafts for a while now, and I finally decided to do something. My first craft is a denim bracelet. I decided to make it out of denim because I could do so many things with it. You don’t have to be a big crafter to be able to do one of these bracelets. All that is required is some patience and effort, but it all pays off when you want to wear it. I wanted to do a bracelet that I know would be hard to find in stores, that way I don’t have to waste time looking for something that I can simply make. I wanted to do something different with my bracelet, I didn’t want to just get colored string and make those thin friendship bracelets.
For this craft you will need:
- hot glue gun and stick of glue
- fabric glue
- old jeans (to cut fabric from)
- bracelet (from the dollar store)
- colored string of your choice (I chose bright green)
- Get your hot glue gun connected and heated up. I also recommend that you have an empty cereal box or something similar for putting the glue gun on top so nothing gets ruined.
- Take your pair of jeans and cut according to how much fabric you will need to go around the circumference of the bracelet. Use the bracelet as the guide to measure how much you will need, cutting too much or too little can affect the outcome of the bracelet.
- Fold the denim around the bracelet and hot glue it to the inside. Make sure it does not show on the outside and that there are no wrinkles before gluing. You are going to do this all around the bracelet till the two pieces of cloth equally connect.
- Once the whole bracelet is covered in denim, take your colored string and make sure it’s untangled. Tightly wrap the string around the area where the two ends of the denim piece meet. If you don’t do it tightly, the string will look odd. A bright color is always preferred because it contrasts better against the denim.
- Cut a thin piece of denim to cover the hot glue on the inside of the bracelet. Once this is all finished let it dry for at least 4 hours. I gave it a day just to be safe.
- Admire your beautiful bracelet.
I am definitely looking forward to creating an outfit for you guys so you can see how I played with it. Bracelets are just the beginning to endless do it yourself crafts that can look amazing as long as you try to not rush the project. This craft took about 30 minutes with some help from my mom, we both got burned a bit by the gun, but at least we got burned together :D. You all can look forward to even more crafts that I will be doing, I had lots of fun and I just love looking at the results I got. Things that you make yourself you tend to appreciate more because you are the one taking time to do it, but it is always worth it in the end.