The dress is from persunmall and it costs $31.99. I have found multiple dresses on this website that I have used in my earlier Fab 50 Fridays. This dress is super cute and fun! Even though the dress consists of mostly black, it’s still super feminine and girly. The earrings are from Charming Charlie and they cost $3.99. That’s a super amazing deal for these earrings since they look like they cost more than a hundred dollars. The shoes are 15.00 at H&M. What I love about high heels is that they make a girl look more confident and structured, that is as long as you know how to walk in them. I don’t know what it is with me and black dresses but I just love them so much! I looked into my closet a little while ago and I found out that I own 6 black dresses. I think I’ve got my little black dress down! But I wouldn’t mind having another one if it’s going to be this cute! A couple weeks ago I went to a chorus banquet and wore a black and white dress to the occasion. I loved that dress but I think I would have impressed people more by wearing this outfit. I also want to mention that I won the Class Choral Achievement Award that night. I was the only one in the beginners chorus to get that award. It was one of the best awards I have gotten. To take a look at the dress I wore that night and the award I got that night, follow me on Instagram and take a look at the picture.
In one of my earlier posts I posted my first DIY gift wrapping idea where I used a toy gumball machine. I have recently been to another teenage girl party and I needed an idea for how I was going to wrap her gift up. I usually go to the dollar store to find ideas on what I want to do with the gift. The birthday party was in the spring so there were a lot of spring items there at the time. There were a lot of other ideas that we could have done but we decided to go with the butterfly net idea because to me it was cuter and a lot more girly.
- butterfly net (available at the dollar store)
- fake flowers (preferably medium in size)
- fake moss
- plastic disk/flower arrangement disk to cover the opening of the net
- fake butterfly
- tissue paper
- hot glue gun and glue stick
- rubber cement
- clear tape
1. Take the plastic disk and put rubber cement on the inside of the bowl.
2. Take some of the moss and pack it to the bottom of the disk until the whole disk is full of moss.
3. Take your flowers and make sure it’s just the flower (no stems) and hot glue them on top of the moss after the rubber cement has dried (10-15 minutes).
4. Take the tissue paper and put it inside of the net to where it covers the inside completely. The gift gets wrapped for the surprise, it won’t be a surprise if the person can see what they’re getting through the net.
5. Place the gift inside of the net and cover the top with the flower disk you finished earlier.
6. Secure the disk onto the net using a couple of pieces of clear tape.
7. Take your butterfly and hot glue it at the top closer to the net.
8. Take the ribbon and tie it at the top of the stick. In order to make sure it’s secure, you can apply hot glue to it.
This is a super cute idea for a girl’s gift wrapping, party favors, or even a party décor for a garden party! The options are endless, it all depends on how you want to play with it and since we had many of the materials on hand we spent only around $5.00 on the packaging which is about what you would spend in a box and gift wrapping paper anyway. It gives me great satisfaction to see the excited faces of my friends when I tell them that the packaging is pretty but that there is a gift inside as well. Usually they think that the packaging is the gift :).